MBBS From The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore are one of the famous privately established medical college in Karnataka. It is also popularly known as Oxford Medical College Bangalore, situated in Bangalore Karnataka. It was founded in the year 2014. The campus has separate teaching hospital and academic block and is spread in an area of 35 acres of land.
Oxford Medical College is one of the leading Medical College In Karnataka. Oxford Medical College Bangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the NMC.
The vision of Oxford Medical College Hospital & Research Centre Bangalore is to Excel in the art of empowering Medical professionals to be efficient in fostering global competencies through advanced technology and research inculcating ethics values-based learning.”
- The Oxford Medical College Hospital & Research Centre has Four Lecture Theatres with 180 seated capacity.
- And Remaining one Lecture Theatre for Hospital with 200 seating capacity and equipped with OHP, LCD, Microphone white and green boards.
- And also have a Examination hall / Auditorium in the College Building of 3rd Floor.
- The Oxford Medical College Library is well equipped with Periodicals, CDs, DVDs, Medical Books, Bound Volumes and both National and International Journals.
- Separate room with 40 computers having dedicate high speed Internet connection is made available.
- Casualty is equipped with 15 beds Pulse Oxymeter, Disaster Trolley, Central Suction, Defibrillator, Ambu Bag, Oxygen Supply and Crash Carts.
- The OPD department of Radio-Diagnosis has 3 portable X Ray machines 300mA ,600mA and 800mA X Ray machine and ultrasound machines with Doppler and CT Scan .
- Oxford Medical College Pharmacy is situated within the hospital complex with all essential drugs to cater to the needs of Inpatients & Out Patients.
- RHTC -Muthanaluru located 13 km from the college and UHTC -Ballur located 10 km from the college.
Courses Offered in Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
Oxford Medical College Bangalore offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the programme is 150 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
- Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Education
- Medical Oncology
- Plastic Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric Medicine
- Pediatric Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Super Speciality
- Surgical Oncology
POST GRADUATE COURSES (Permitted Seats)
MD – ANATOMY
MD – PHYSIOLOGY
MD -GENERAL MEDICINE
MD-DERMATOLOGY, VENERELOGY AND LEPROSY
MD- EMERGENCY MEDICINE
MS- GENERAL SURGERY
MS-OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY
MBBS From Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
Total number of seat for MBBS From The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Facilities Provided
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre provides hostel for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, Bank & ATM facility, and many more.
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Oxford Medical College Bangalore, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research