MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital
KVG Medical College & Hospital is a private institution imparting medical education in the state of Karnataka. The institute was established in the year 2002 under the guidance of Dr. Kurunji Venkatramana Gowda, Founder President of Academy Of Liberal Education (R), Sullia, Dakshina Kannada.
The private coeducational institute is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore. It is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The institute is located in Sullia in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka.
KVG Medical College & Hospital is sponsored by the Academy of Liberal Education, Sullia. It has one of the largest educational complexes in India. The campus is a unique place of learning in India. It is one of those rare campuses that offer a host of courses such as Diploma, Under Graduate and Post Graduate programs under various streams of study like Medicine, Ayurvedic, Dental, Nursing, Management, Engineering, Polytechnic, Law, ITI, Science, Arts, Commerce, etc. from one large singular campus.
To provide a responsive healing environment for patient and their families.
Courses Offered in KVG Medical College & Hospital Departments
To get MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties. KVG Medical College & Hospital offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the programme is 100 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital
- 1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year of compulsory rotating internship. The 4 ½ years course has been divided into three phases.
- Phase I 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
- Phase II 1 ½ years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
- Phase III 2 years, after phase II, consisting of four terms of 6 months each.
- 2. The first year (phase I —pre-clinical) shall deal with the subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology, including Biophysics, Bio-Chemistry and an introduction to community medicine.
- 3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in phase I, Phase II (3 terms —1 ½ year), dealing with Para clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of community medicine. During this phase, the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied specifications respectively.
- 4. Phase III consists of clinical subjects, Medicine and its allied specialties Surgery and its allied specialties, pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community Medicine.
MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital
Total number of seat for MBBS From KVG Medical College & Hospital is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
KVG Medical College & Hospital Facilities Provided
Bank & ATM Facilities
Extension counters of Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank and Syndicate Bank have been provided in the campus. ATM units of Canara Bank & ICICI Bank are available in front of the Medical College. ATM Units of SBI, SBM, Corporation Bank & Syndicate Bank are available at Sullia Town.
Medical students enjoy a variety of social, recreational, cultural & educational activities. There is an annual event held where students showcase their talents in the field of music, dance & acting to name few. There are cafes, canteens & Coffee venders where students can take a break.
Fitness enthusiastic has a vast arena to express themselves in the football, basketball, cricket grounds.
The central library is well equipped with a huge collection of books, references, journals, and CD’s to provide comprehensive data to students and alike. Online accesses to the e-resource of Digital Library portals are enabled.
Campus also equipped with WIFI to provide internet support to the students through which various recent advances, journals can be accessed for free. The campus is well guarded with 24 hours security protection offered by trained personnel.