MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
The M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore was founded in 1979 and is located in M S Ramaiah Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka, and is recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The College offers degrees in MBBS, MD and MS in all specialities, DM and MCH in the super specialities, PG Diploma and PhD courses as well as Bachelors (BPT), Masters (MPT) and PhD in Physiotherapy.
The college offers undergraduates the prospect to visit foreign universities with which it has signed MOUs. As part of RMC’s exchange and collaboration enterprises, foreign students also visit the campus every year. The students are allowed to be a part of the Community Orientation Programme (COP).
In 2020, the college maintained its previous year’s position of 30 in NIRF ranking for Medical category. It has also been ranked 27 by India Today in 2020. It is both NABH and NAAC-accredited (A Grade).
MS Ramaiah Medical College offers 35 courses across 4 streams namely Medical, Paramedical, Science, Pharmacy and across 7 degrees. It also offers Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Physiotherapy.
These are full-time courses offered in a duration ranging between three and four and a half years. MBBS students also have to undergo a one-year rotational internship.
- To be a centre for medical education, service and research of highest standards at National and International levels
- The Institution shall impart superior quality of medical education in accordance with the regulatory norms, which also caters to the societal requirements and global relevance.
- The Institution shall create a conducive ecosystem to promote research activities.
- The Institution shall provide appropriate infrastructure and manpower to deliver quality health care services to ensure patient safety.
- The Institution shall instill in its stakeholders a keenness for lifelong learning, a sense of social responsibility through community services and a holistic approach in health care.
Get in touch with our Experts
Courses Offered in M S Ramaiah Medical College
To get MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmed in various streams with highly qualified faculties. M S Ramaiah Medical College offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the program is 150 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore PG Admission MD, MS
Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore offers Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree in 17 specializations and Master of Surgery (MS) degree in 5 specializations. The course duration of MD/MS is 3 years (2 years for those with a 2 years recognized diploma in the same speciality)
- Candidates who have passed MBBS from a Medical college which is recognized by the Medical Council of India are eligible for MD/MS
- Candidate must have completed his/her rotating internship for atleast 1 year after passing the MBBS examination on or before April 30, 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have got themselves registered (Provisional or Permanent) with any Medical Council (State or Central) to be eligible
- Counselling will be conducted by the Director General of Health Science (DGHS) and the name of candidates who clear the cut-off score of NEET-PG will be forwarded to RM to complete the admission process
Selection Process: Selection to MD/MS is done on the basis of NEET-PG entrance examination conducted by the DGHS. The merit list will be prepared for all categories based on candidates’ scores in NEET PG
MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Get in touch with our Experts
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From M S Rasmaiah Medical College Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College
Total number of seat for MBBS From M S Ramaiah Medical College is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
M S Ramaiah Medical College Facilities Provided
M S Ramaiah Medical College provides hostel for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, Bank & ATM facility, and many more.
- Sports Complex
- Counselling Cell
- Security facility including student tracking system
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank