MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Medical (SDMMC Dharwad) is a prestigious private medical college in Karnataka. It was founded in the year 2003 and Managed by the SDM Educational Society. It is also popularly known as SDM Medical College Dharwad, situated in Dharwad. It is one of the leading Medical College In Karnataka. SDMMC Dharwad is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the NMC.
The vision of SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital Dharwad is To build an Educational Centre of Excellence in Teaching as well as Training, to render treatment at an affordable cost and to maintain standards, ethics and morale at a level the country may be proud of.
Get in touch with our Experts
Courses Offered in SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital
To get MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties. SDM college of Medical Sciences & Hospital offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the programme is 150 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital.
- 1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year of compulsory rotating internship. The 4 ½ years course has been divided into three phases.
- Phase I 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
- Phase II 1 ½ years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
- Phase III 2 years, after phase II, consisting of four terms of 6 months each.
- 2. The first year (phase I —pre-clinical) shall deal with the subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology, including Biophysics, Bio-Chemistry and an introduction to community medicine.
- 3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in phase I, Phase II (3 terms —1 ½ year), dealing with Para clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of community medicine. During this phase, the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied specifications respectively.
- 4. Phase III consists of clinical subjects, Medicine and its allied specialties Surgery and its allied specialties, pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community Medicine.
MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Get in touch with our Experts
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From SDM college of Medical Sciences & Hospital Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From SDM college of Medical Sciences & Hospital. Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital
Total number of seat for MBBS From SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Facilities Provided
Bank & ATM Facilities
Extension counters of Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank and Syndicate Bank have been provided in the campus. ATM units of Canara Bank & ICICI Bank are available in front of the Medical College. ATM Units of SBI, SBM, Corporation Bank & Syndicate Bank are available at Town.
Medical students enjoy a variety of social, recreational, cultural & educational activities. There is an annual event held where students showcase their talents in the field of music, dance & acting to name few. There are cafes, canteens & Coffee venders where students can take a break.
Fitness enthusiastic has a vast arena to express themselves in the football, basketball, cricket grounds.
The central library is well equipped with a huge collection of books, references, journals, and CD’s to provide comprehensive data to students and alike. Online accesses to the e-resource of Digital Library portals are enabled.
Campus also equipped with WIFI to provide internet support to the students through which various recent advances, journals can be accessed for free. The campus is well guarded with 24 hours security protection offered by trained personnel.
- SDM College of Medical Sciences have Administrative Block with Good Ventilated Air Flow Atmosphere of Class Rooms, Modernized Lecture Halls, Equipped Examination Hall, Demonstration Halls, Dissection Hall.
- SDM College of Medical Sciences have the Well Equipped Laboratories with 24×7 Functioning at the Central Diagnostic Laboratory in Hospital.
- SDM College of Medical Sciences having a 1602 sq.mtrs of Central Library Facility available in the College Campus with various Collections of Medical Books, Periodicals, CD-ROM, CDs, DVDs.
- Bound Volumes, Audio Video Cassettes,Thesis/ Dissertation with CD Text Books with National & International Journals, E-Books and E-Journals.
- There is a Separate Reading Room with 300 seating capacity and 25 Computers.
- Hostel – Individual and Independent sharing hostel facilities for the Boys and Girls Students with fully furnished and it’s situated in the College Campus.
- The Hostel is attached Mess with Dining Hall Facility with serve Clean and Healthy – Nutritious Food for the Students.
- Each of the Hostel is 24×7 Security, Study Room with Internet and Wifi Facility, Indoor & Outdoor Games with Recreation Hall and Prayer Hall along with a Separate Visitors Hall and also its includes R.O Purified Drinking Water facility.
- Various Kind of Sports activities like Indoor & Out-Door Game like Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Throw Ball, Basketball, Shuttle, Carom, Table-Tennis, Chess and Ball-Badminton, and Athletic Games, Gymnasium and Yoga facilities.
- The affiliated hostpital has nearly 750 Bed strength for the Patients with 24×7 – Casualty Services, Emergency Services, In Patient and Out Patient Services, Blood Bank Services.
- This SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital is fully equipped with all modern gadgets like Ventilators, Monitors, Defibrillators, Nebulisers, Central Oxygen supply etc.
- And Clinical Pathology, Ultrasonogram, Regional Diagnostic Laboratory, Dialysis Unit, Mortuary for Post Moderm, Burns ART Centre, Ayush, X-Ray and Digital X-ray, ECG, Blood Gas Analysis, USG, C.T.Scan and MRI scan are also available in this Hospital.
How to Reach
- SDM Medical College and Hospital is located at 15.8 kilometers away from the Hubli Junction Railway station with the arriving time of 37 Minutes.
- SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital is located in 6.4 km distance with arriving time of 13 Minutes from the Hubli Old Bus Stand at Hubli, with 24×7 Bus Service Facility.
- And nearby Airport is Hubli Domestic Airport at reaching distance of 15 km.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of SDMMC Dharwad, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below: