MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore is a gem in the crown of Jnana Prabha Campus of the MG Charitable Trust. The sprawling campus spread over one hundered acers of landscape is situated at Bidarahalli in the eastern part of Bangalore Urban District.
The Jnana Prabha Campus houses an educational institution that ranges from technology to humanities and health sciences. These include the East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Engineering and Technology, College of Management, College of Nursing, College of Pharmacy, PU College and Schools.
The establishment is guided by Dr S M Venkatpathi who is also the Managing Trustee and Founder of the MG Charitable Trust. It is efficiently managed by Mr. Pramod Gowda, former Senate Member of the Visveshwaraya Technological University, Belgaum and CEO of East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
The East Point College and Hospital though based in the eastern part of Bangalore Urban District is surrounded by lush green pristine fields and boasts of a fresh green ecological environment far from the pollution and hustle and bustle of the Garden City. It has around a hundred villages in its range of healthcare services, where we are providing selfless service without any discrimination.
The Hospital provides Comprehensive Medical Care including Therapeutic and Preventive services. There is also dedicated and efficient emergency and hospital care services to all its clientele.
The College imparts Quality Education with a view to develop smart young doctors with a high caliber of knowledge and the finest of skills, groomed to stand out as a bright disciplined medical professional armed with a compassionate zeal and a helpful attitude. We consider the humane dimensions of medical practitioners as very essential, and focus on imparting these qualities to offset the commercialization in medical practices.
We acknowledge that the span of life spent as a medical student is a very stressful period in the life of a doctor. It coincides with a crucial phase of adolescence with its associated stress and uncertainties. This requires the right care and guidance which helps him/her to imbibe the knowledge and skills that are the hallmark of a socially compatible citizen.
At the East Point Group of institutions we have a unique concept of East Point Communities; herein the staff and students are encouraged to interact on co-curricular matters and form groups or forums of likeminded individuals with an aim to nurture their interests and hobbies for an all round development and not just to produce doctors. The communities develop, design and organize events and raise their passions and hone their skills to higher echelons. Students do not have to sacrifice their interests or hobbies owing to constraints of education. The personal interaction of staff and students through these communities is known to provide high standard of all round development and education.
In this competitive and stressful world, it is essential for students to strike a healthy balance between work and play. With cities being cramped with massive apartments and business centers, play grounds have almost vanished. The East Point Campus is known for its vast play fields which are a treat for all those who love to run, stretch and play. Clean air, magnificent play grounds, plenty of open spaces and lush greenery make East Point the ideal place to learn and still be in touch with the nature.
East Point College of Medical Sciences stands out as one of the top research-intensive medical schools, attracting talented faculty, staff, and students through its cutting-edge research initiatives, superb clinical affiliates, global outlook and innovative curriculum.
Courses Offered in The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
To get MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties. The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the programme is 150 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
- 1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year of compulsory rotating internship. The 4 ½ years course has been divided into three phases.
- Phase I 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
- Phase II 1 ½ years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
- Phase III 2 years, after phase II, consisting of four terms of 6 months each.
- 2. The first year (phase I —pre-clinical) shall deal with the subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology, including Biophysics, Bio-Chemistry and an introduction to community medicine.
- 3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in phase I, Phase II (3 terms —1 ½ year), dealing with Para clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of community medicine. During this phase, the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied specifications respectively.
- 4. Phase III consists of clinical subjects, Medicine and its allied specialties Surgery and its allied specialties, pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community Medicine.
MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore. Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore. Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore.
Total number of seat for MBBS From The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore. is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore Facilities Provided
Bank & ATM Facilities
Extension counters of Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank and Syndicate Bank have been provided in the campus. ATM units of Canara Bank & ICICI Bank are available in front of the Medical College. ATM Units of SBI, SBM, Corporation Bank & Syndicate Bank are available at Town.
Medical students enjoy a variety of social, recreational, cultural & educational activities. There is an annual event held where students showcase their talents in the field of music, dance & acting to name few. There are cafes, canteens & Coffee venders where students can take a break.
Fitness enthusiastic has a vast arena to express themselves in the football, basketball, cricket grounds.
The central library is well equipped with a huge collection of books, references, journals, and CD’s to provide comprehensive data to students and alike. Online accesses to the e-resource of Digital Library portals are enabled.
Campus also equipped with WIFI to provide internet support to the students through which various recent advances, journals can be accessed for free. The campus is well guarded with 24 hours security protection offered by trained personnel.