MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From Kepegowda Institute of Medical Sciences.
Kepegowda Institute of Medical Sciences.. is one of the premier institutes established by 1980 with consensus and permission of Government of Karnataka, Medical Council of India and Central Government. This institution was established with a desire to develop skilled healthcare personnel to cater to the healthcare needs of the local population. The vision and constant efforts of our Hon.
The main campus accommodates the Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical, Administrative block and Kepegowda Institute of Medical Sciences.. In addition District CG Hospital, SS General Hospital, KR Road, Women and Child Hospital, Mandipet, STJ Rural Hospital, Channagiri and Community Health center, Kukkavada are attached to Kepegowda Institute of Medical Sciences. Medical College for teaching and training of students for clinical exposure. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka and the Degrees awarded are recognized by Medical Council of India.
Kepegowda Institute of Medical Sciences. is an academic health sciences center that has been established with an aim to provide leadership and excellence in the field of teaching, clinical care and service in a student-centered comprehensive campus. The institute is committed to the advancement of knowledge and intellectual growth through teaching and research, and at the same time, to the well-being of the people of Davangere through communicative leadership and service with a smile.
The goals of the Institution are to provide:
The Institution constantly strives to improve the standards of medical education and health care facilities to meet the local needs and achieve global standards.
Get in touch with our Experts
Courses Offered in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences. Departments
To get MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences. provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties. Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences. offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Karnataka Medical Council and full registration after completing one year internship. The total intake for the programme is 150 seats. The eligibility criteria for securing a seat for the MBBS course are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences.
- 1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination followed by one year of compulsory rotating internship. The 4 ½ years course has been divided into three phases.
- Phase I 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
- Phase II 1 ½ years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
- Phase III 2 years, after phase II, consisting of four terms of 6 months each.
- 2. The first year (phase I —pre-clinical) shall deal with the subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology, including Biophysics, Bio-Chemistry and an introduction to community medicine.
- 3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in phase I, Phase II (3 terms —1 ½ year), dealing with Para clinical subjects. Para Clinical subjects shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of community medicine. During this phase, the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Surgery and their allied specifications respectively.
- 4. Phase III consists of clinical subjects, Medicine and its allied specialties Surgery and its allied specialties, pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Community Medicine.
MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
|Pre-clinical||1-2 Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9 Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure Of MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Get in touch with our Experts
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical SciencesAdmission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure For MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
Total number of seat for MBBS From Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
|Seat Category||Tuition Fee|
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Facilities Provided
Bank & ATM Facilities
Extension counters of Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank and Syndicate Bank have been provided in the campus. ATM units of Canara Bank & ICICI Bank are available in front of the Medical College. ATM Units of SBI, SBM, Corporation Bank & Syndicate Bank are available at Town.
Medical students enjoy a variety of social, recreational, cultural & educational activities. There is an annual event held where students showcase their talents in the field of music, dance & acting to name few. There are cafes, canteens & Coffee venders where students can take a break.
Fitness enthusiastic has a vast arena to express themselves in the football, basketball, cricket grounds.
The central library is well equipped with a huge collection of books, references, journals, and CD’s to provide comprehensive data to students and alike. Online accesses to the e-resource of Digital Library portals are enabled.
Campus also equipped with WIFI to provide internet support to the students through which various recent advances, journals can be accessed for free. The campus is well guarded with 24 hours security protection offered by trained personnel.