BDS from Vivekanandha Dental College for women, Thiruchengode: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Vivekanandha Dental College for women, Thiruchengode.
Vivekananda Dental College for Women was established in 2007 with an intake of 50 students and over the years, it has grown by leaps and bounds to become one of the highly accomplished dental college affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu, India. In 2013, the college reached the next milestone with an increase in seats from 50 to 100 seats for the BDS course. We did not stop here the thirst to reach higher pushed up to start the MDS course in 8 specialties in 2015. It is the first and one and only dental college in India priding itself with exclusively admissions for woman delivering high quality and distinct learning experiences. It comprises the state of art institution with the best assemblage of staff who forms its pillars. Facilities in Vivekananda Dental College for Women are top quality with extensive pre-clinical departments and laboratories fitted with more than 100 dental workstations for preclinical training and ceramic lab to name a few. The college provides dental treatment for the general public and doorstep treatment to villagers with the help of fully air conditioned mobile dental clinic.
Courses Offered in Vivekanandha Dental College for women, Thiruchengode
To get BDS from Vivekanandha Dental College for women which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Vivekanandha Dental College for Women
Vivekananda Dental College for Women offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by DR MGR Medical University, Chennai and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Vivekanandha Dental college for women choice for BDS aspirants.
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from Vivekanandha Dental College for women
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the DR MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics & Dento Facial Orthopeadics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Medicine
Get Admission to BDS From Vivekanandha Dental College for women – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
BDS From Vivekanandha Dental College for women Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies. BDS From Vivekanandha Dental college for women
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Vivekanandha Dental College for women Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Vivekanandha Dental College for women under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicabl
BDS From Vivekanandha Dental College for Women NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Vivekanandha Dental College for women Facilities
Vivekanandha Dental College for women provides the state of art infrastructure that will give the aspiring students ample learning opportunity. We also have the best possible amenities within the campus that will enable the students to have a comfortable living
- Peripheral Clinics
vivekanandha Dental College for women has three additional peripheral clinics with state of art equipment located in chinna porur, MGR Nagar and West Mambalam under the purview of department of community health and these centers cater to the dental needs of the local population. The institution also provides facilities to transport patients from the peripheral clinics to the Parent institute if the need arises. Dental health camps are regularly conducted in these peripheral centers to educate the community about dental, oral health and its significance.
vivekanandha Dental College for women has a 100 bedded hospital in the same campus that offers excellent medical care. It provides the students an excellent learning opportunity and helps them nurture in the field of medicine. There is a major Operation Theater complex with 5 operating tables with cutting edge technology and state of art equipment provide excellent treatment facility There is a provision for a separate Intensive Care Unit and High dependency wards with facilities to manage medical emergencies. The casualty is well equipped and manned to address to the emergencies reporting to the hospital round the clock. There are specialists from various fields of medicine including Physicians, General surgeons, plastic Surgeons, Orthopaedicians, Pediatricians, Gynecologists, Cardiologists, neurologists and neuro surgeons available throughout the day. Investigations including routine blood work up, ECG, Echocardiogram, Treadmill test, Full body X rays, Pulmonary function Tests are routinely performed here under the supervision of the concerned doctors to provide comprehensive care for the patients
College Library is located centrally for easy reach of students and faculty members. In addition to provide excellent atmosphere to study and to conduct research, our Library acts as a repository of large number of books. Our library is unique in providing additional facilities in terms of electronic acquisition of information involving Internet, CD-ROM, Audio and Video facilities, provisions for Photocopying and Spiral Binding Group discussions and conference rooms. An entire spectrum of visuals, slides and models are exhibited and made available for students and the faculty to utilize and enrich their knowledge.
All the students are offered hostel facilities (separate for boys and girls) with all amenities provided so that they do not miss their home environment and concentrate on their academic career. In addition they are also provided avenues for recreation in the form of in-door and out-door game activities for maintaining a healthy body and mind. There is also a provisional store in proximity to the hostel to meet the day to day needs of the hostel residents
The College has a gymnasium within the campus close to the hostel that will help students maintain physical fitness
- Transport & Security
Excellent transportation facility to the college with 30 busses bringing in students from all over Chennai to our campus. All the busses start at their respective routes by 7.00 AM in the morning and leave the college campus by 3.00 PM after the college hours. For details regarding the transport facilities the students and faculty can our transport manager for details.
There is a large food court within the college campus that works round the clock to cater to the taste of all the students who come from different parts of the country. There is a separate section of fruit juices, desserts and continental food. The canteen and the food court are extremely hygienic with clean cooking and wash areas.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From vivekanandha Dental College for women
The yearly fee structure of BDS From vivekanandha Dental College for women for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|