BDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai : An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai
BDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai (SRMC) is a quaternary care multi-specialty hospital. The medical Centre was founded as a teaching hospital of Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute in 1985, with the intention of translating the experience and expertise in medical education into tangible and affordable health care to the community. It was founded by Late NPV Ramasway Udayar in 1985. It is now functioning under the dynamic leadership of VR Venkataachalam, Managing Trustee of the Hospital and Chancellor of Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (Deemed to be University). Today, SRMC is a leader in health care delivery in South India providing cutting edge state-of-art care for patients who walk through its portals daily.
The Medical Centre is located in a sprawling 175-acre campus that is lush green throughout the year. Sri Ramachandra has the best physicians, surgeons and health care providers across all medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties. We are the first and only hospital affiliated to a medical university in India that has the privilege of JCI, NABH, NABL and AABB accreditations. This highlights our quest for quality health care delivery and continuous quality improvement. The hospital facility with 800 beds and 200 Intensive care units, provides healthcare treatment for over 35,000 inpatients and 2,50,000 outpatients every year. BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College
Courses Offered in Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai
To get BDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmers in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College
Sri Ramachandra Dental College offers four-year BDS course duly affiliated by Tamil Nadu D.r MGR Medical University and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS from Sri Ramachandra Dental College
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Tamil Nadu D.r MGR Medical University. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission of BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies. BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A. N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College, Chennai Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College NRI Quota: Documents Required for MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Sri Ramachandra Dental College Facilities
Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities and many more.
The library has a spacious reading hall with separate reading areas for undergraduates and postgraduates. It has a seating capacity of about 200 people and is well illuminated with natural light. The library is under electronic surveillance to ensure that no reading material is taken outside of the building.
The institution provides well-ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of the hostel include a common room with a TV facility, indoor games, magazines, and newspapers. Laundry services are available. Air-conditioned rooms are availed on request. The food served to the students is assured to be of high quality and meets the nutritional quality standards. Particular focus is laid on providing a well-balanced, nutritious diet with varying food tastes to all the students.
A multigym facility with all the modern equipment’s like electromagnetic Treadmill etc. Available for all the students in the campus.
- Transport & Security
The Institutions have omnibuses, Dental Mobile bus, Community Medicine van and 01 Car for the transport of faculty. Qualified and experienced security personnel are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personnel are Ex-Servicemen.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
The Institution lays special emphasis on sports activities, several students of the Medical and Dental college have represented the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in various games and sports events.
The campus has facilities for all the outdoor games like cricket,football,volley ball,basket ball,throw ball with 200 mt.track.
An Indoor sports complex with facilities for carom,chess,table tennis and gymnasium are available.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College
The yearly fee structure of BDS From Sri Ramachandra Dental College for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|