BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital, Kattankulathur
: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital, Kattankulathur
SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital, which is located within the secure and high-tech campus of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), is the renowned dental college under the SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) banner. Started in the year 2007 with an annual intake of 100 BDS students we have now groomed into a very successful postgraduate institution. SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital has been accredited with A++ Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). In addition, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has placed SRM in the category ‘A’. All the UG/PG courses offered by SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital are courses recognized by the Dental Council of India. These make SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital one of the most trusted institutions of dental sciences across the country.BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital
Courses Offered in SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital, Kattankulathur
To get BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital
SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by DR MGR Medical University , Tamilnadu and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital is a good college choice for BDS aspirants
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the DR MGR Medical University , Tamilnadu. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties
⦁ Orthodontics and Dentofacial orthopedics
⦁ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
⦁ Conservative dentistry & endodontics
⦁ Oral diagnosis, oral medicine radiology
⦁ Oral and maxillofacial pathology
⦁ Pedodontics and preventive Dentistry
⦁ Prosthodontics & implantology
⦁ Public health and Dentistry
BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital, Kattankulathur– Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission to BDS from SRM kattankulatur Dental College and hospital Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies. BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and hospital Facilities
SRN Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, Bank & ATM facility, and many more.
As the face is the index of a person so is the library for a college. Our college library now has a collection of 4620 volumes of books on a variety of subjects. Some of which are rare & invaluable. utmost care is taken in developing resources for each department. Library is working continuously for 12 hours from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. The staff members (1 Librarian, 3 Asst. Librarians) are divided into 2 groups and 2 shift systems are in force. The total area of the Library is 8233sq.fts. Our Library Subscribes 88 Periodicals, EBSCO Dentistry Database and has a good collection of latest CDs in various fields. The seating capacity of the library is 200.
There are 14 hostel blocks allotted for men of capacity varying from 200 to 1000 students in each block. The total capacity for Men’s hostel is about 7500. There are 7 blocks allotted for Women students of capacity varying from 250 to 700 in each block. The total capacity for Women’s hostel is about 4000. The hostel blocks are self-sufficient units housing all the basic necessities of the students. This enables minimal movement of students outside the hostel premises. Every hostel block at SRM Institute of Science and Technology gives each individual ample opportunity to develop one’s personality by developing important qualities such as self-confidence, free exchange of ideas, and mutual understanding.
- Mobile clinic
The Mobile Dental Clinic provides low-cost urgent dental care services to patients who lack dental services or any realistic way to afford a dental treatment. The mobile medical unit allows to numerous patients than ever before and to carry quality dental care treatment to peripheral areas with limited access to hospitals. The unit consists of a sterilization center, two powered chairs, a patient waiting and education area. General dentists, a dental hygienist, chair technician and a dental assistant, staff the unit.
- Seminar Hall
SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital has in it numerous conference and seminar halls, with Dr.T.P. Ganesan Auditorium topping the list. Dr.T.P. Ganesan Auditorium is one of Asia’s largest auditoriums with a seating capacity of 4000. Spread over a sprawling 7, 89,650 square meters, the SRM campus is not scarce of skyscrapers as well, including the Tech Park and University Administrative Building which are both fifteen-storied high-rise buildings. All the conference halls in the college premises are fully air-conditioned and WiFi-enabled to ensure the best comfort of the audience seated.
- Simulation Center
SRM/STRATUS Centre for Medical Simulation is a highly advanced Educational Centre which utilise the latest innovation in the field of medical education called Medical Simulation incorporating the state-of-the-art computer- controlled patient simulation systems. The SRM/STRATUS Centre for Medical Simulation is in collaboration with the Neil and Elise Wallace STRATUS Center for Medical Simulation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston – a Harvard teaching institution which provides important life-saving courses. It is the largest Simulation Center in South East Asia, with an area of 14,000 sq ft. and was inaugurated on 3 January 2011 by the then Union minister for Human Resources, Smt. Shreemathi Purendareshwari.
- Transport & Security
The Institutions have 03 omnibuses,01 Dental Mobile bus,01 Community Medicine van and 01 Car for the transport of faculty. Qualified and experienced security personnel are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personnel are Ex-Servicemen.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
The central gym for men at SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital is also equipped with bodybuilding equipment. All gyms and fitness centers are open both in the morning and evening hours. Yoga sessions are conducted for students to help them maintain both healthy body and mind
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure for BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital
The yearly fee structure of BDS from SRM Kattankulathur Dental College and Hospital for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|