BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital (TMDCH) is one of the leading dental colleges in Chennai and a constituent unit of Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Deemed University. TMDCH is an ISO certified premium dental institution accredited with NAAC ‘A’ grade (Score – 3.31 out of 4). TMDCH is a pioneer in the field of dental education and its inception dates back to 1991. Situated in a strategic location within the city limits (3 kms from CMBT Bus stand), TMDCH is easily accessible through public and private transport.
The institution has been committed to the cause of excellence in dental education and community service through quality dental care. The college is recognized by Dental Council of India and Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi. The institution acquired its deemed status in 2003 and became a constituent unit of Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute University, as per the order by University Grants Commission, New Delhi and the Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India. BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital
Courses Offered in Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
To get BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmers in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai offers four-year BDS course duly affiliated by Tamil nadu D.r MGR Medical university approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the DR MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission to BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies. BDS from Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai NRI Quota: Documents Required for MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital Facilities
Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai provides the state of art infrastructure that will give the aspiring students ample learning opportunity. We also have the best possible amenities within the campus that will enable the students to have a comfortable living
The Dental College has 486 dental chairs in the Undergraduate and post graduate clinics with good number of Outpatients reporting to the dental college. We have state of art equipment in the dental clinics including facilities for dental radiology wit in the hospital to provide advanced dental treatment as per the international standards. There is a comprehensive dental clinic that works from 8. ooAM to 8.00 Pm and on holidays to attend to dental emergencies. In addition to these facilities the dental surgeons and faculty also attend to emergencies in the field of maxillofacial surgery and trauma in the clinics at the SRM Hospital is located in the same campus.
- Peripheral Clinics
Peripheral clinics with state of art equipment located in chinna porur, MGR Nagar and West Mambalam under the purview of department of community health and these centers cater to the dental needs of the local population. The institution also provides facilities to transport patients from the peripheral clinics to the Parent institute if the need arises. Dental health camps are regularly conducted in these peripheral centers to educate the community about dental, oral health and its significance.
The College has a 100 bedded hospital in the same campus that offers excellent medical care. It provides the students an excellent learning opportunity and helps them nurture in the field of medicine. There is a major Operation Theater complex with 5 operating tables with cutting edge technology and state of art equipment provide excellent treatment facility There is a provision for a separate Intensive Care Unit and High dependency wards with facilities to manage medical emergencies. The casualty is well equipped and manned to address to the emergencies reporting to the hospital round the clock. There are specialists from various fields of medicine including Physicians, General surgeons, plastic Surgeons, Orthopaedicians, Pediatricians, Gynecologists, Cardiologists, neurologists and neuro surgeons available throughout the day. Investigations including routine blood work up, ECG, Echocardiogram, Treadmill test, Full body X rays, Pulmonary function Tests are routinely performed here under the supervision of the concerned doctors to provide comprehensive care for the patients
The central library with a total area of 8328 sqft and 220 seating capacity features more than 11,937 books, over 100 national and international journals in dentistry and basic medical sciences. The library has total 5143 titles, 16 E-Journals with back volumes available for 25 journals. Around 983 digital databases are available. The central library has an advisory committee with members from staff, students and librarian for a better service. Other facilities in central library include Digital library, Computer centre with internet facility, scanning, xerox and other services
There are also departmental libraries with the latest editions of textbooks recommended for study by D.C.I. The post graduates use the department library books. They can access online journals via wi-fi.
All the students are offered hostel facilities (separate for boys and girls) with all amenities provided so that they do not miss their home environment and concentrate on their academic career. In addition they are also provided avenues for recreation in the form of in-door and out-door game activities for maintaining a healthy body and mind. There is also a provisional store in proximity to the hostel to meet the day to day needs of the hostel residents
The College has a gymnasium within the campus close to the hostel that will help students maintain physical fitness
- Transport & Security
Excellent transportation facility to the college with 30 busses bringing in students from all over Chennai to our campus. All the busses start at their respective routes by 7.00 AM in the morning and leave the college campus by 3.00 PM after the college hours. For details regarding the transport facilities the students and faculty can our transport manager for details.
There is a large food court within the college campus that works round the clock to cater to the taste of all the students who come from different parts of the country. There is a separate section of fruit juices, desserts and continental food. The canteen and the food court are extremely hygienic with clean cooking and wash areas.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Chennai
The yearly fee structure of BDS From Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|