BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College, Ernakulam: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from St. Gregorios Dental College, Ernakulam
The dream of establishing a Dental College at Chelad came true with the heavenly touch of St. Gregorios of Malankara whose mission was to evolve a new concept in community service and add new dimensions to social and religious commitment. The sublime spirit of Christian life is ‘not to be ministered but to minister’ in every sphere. Reaching out to the humble philosophy of life as envisaged by our Patron Saint, St. Gregorios Dental College is the realization of this philosophy.
The college is run by Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Education Trust, under the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. There are four institutions, under the same management namely B.P.C. College Piravom, B.P.S College Piramadom, P.I.Z. Training College Malecruz and St. Thomas College Puthencruz.
The College is situated in Chelad, 6 km from Kothamangalam. The college is accessible as it is 35 km from the Kochi International Airport, 35 km from the Aluva railway station and 6 km from the National Highway. The sprawling area has been converted into a delightful campus with well-designed Buildings, Pathways, Watercourses and Garden in a serene atmosphere. It enjoys the proximity and facility of the Periyar River, Bhoothathankettu Dam and Idamalayar Project.
This Dental College named after Saint Gregorios of Malankara, is fully committed to quality education promoting intellectual, spiritual and professional excellence with special emphasis on human service. The college offers Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery (BDS) with an annual intake of 50 students and Master Degree in Dental Surgery (MDS) in Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge, Endodontics and Conservative Dentistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). The College is an excellent institute with a well-planned spacious college building, library, hostels, staff quarters, recreation, canteen, seven well equipped clinical departments and a team of well experienced postgraduate teachers and paramedical staff. The Dental Specialty Centre offers sophisticated treatment in all specialties of Dental Surgery. BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College
Courses Offered in St. Gregorios Dental College
To get BDS from St. Gregorios Dental College which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from St. Gregorios Dental College
St. Gregorios Dental College offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from St. Gregorios Dental College
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Endodontics & Conservative Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
BDS From St. Gregoris Dental college, Ernakulam – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission Of BDS From St. Gregorios Dental college Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies. BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From St. Gregoris Dental College under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
St.Gregorios Dental College Facilities
St.Gregorios Dental College provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities and many more.
Whether you are a student alum, faculty or staff we are here to help shepherd you on your scholarly journey. The library is a nexus for students, professors, and staff across all faculties, helping to inspire and stimulate the minds of today and tomorrow.
Library offers spacious reading hall, computer area, internet, periodical section and service of skilled staff. An impressive collection of 3450 books including academic and general reading our journal collection includes 23 international dental journals and 7 national journals. Library offers 10 year back volume for 9 journal titles and more than 350 online journals for the reference section. Our periodicals collection is enriched by 7 periodicals and 5 news papers. The students can borrow a maximum of 3 books for 10 days and staff can borrow 6 books for 20 days.
The institution provides well-ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of the hostel include a common room with a TV facility, indoor games, magazines, and newspapers. Laundry services are available. Air-conditioned rooms are availed on request. The food served to the students is assured to be of high quality and meets the nutritional quality standards. Particular focus is laid on providing a well-balanced, nutritious diet with varying food tastes to all the students.
- Scientific Research Committee
Scientific Research Committe has been formed as follows. The research committee will look in to matter related to research activities.
A multigym facility with all the modern equipments like electromagnetic Tread-mill etc. available for all the students in the campus.
- Transport & Security
The Institutions have omnibuses, Community Medicine van and Car for the transport of faculty. Qualified and experienced security personals are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personals are Ex-Servicemen.
The Gregorian canteen is considered the favorite hangout zone by students. A wide variety of food is in the offering at the lowest rates and keeps students pretty pleased. The spacious canteen is seen as the hub of all activities with students who get to break free from routine life to have a quick bite of appetizing food. So enroll in Gregarious to gorge on yummy food and become a doctor as well
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
The Institution lays special emphasis on sports activities, Several students of the Medical and Dental college have represented the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in various games and sports events.
The campus has facilities for all the out door games like cricket,football,volley ball,basket ball,throw ball with 200 mt.track.
An Indoor sports complex with facilities for carom,chess,table tennis and gymnasium is available.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure Of BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College
The yearly fee structure of BDS From St. Gregorios Dental College Mangalore for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|