BDS from Al Azhar Dental College, Thodupuzha: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Al Azhar Dental College, Thodupuzha
The Al Azhar dental college (AADC) boasts of quality and excellence setting the right example in today’s fast paced world. The college was established in the year 2007, under the aegis of Noorul Islam trust and is affiliated to MG University, Kottayam. Presently it has been affiliated to KUHS, Thrissur. The Dental council of India has recognised UG and given approval for commencing PG programs in Oral medicine & Radiology and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
The Al Azhar Dental College is the crowning glory among other institutions in the Al Azhar education hub, set across a sprawling 55 acre nature friendly campus among other sister institutions; it takes full advantage of collective efforts and optimization of resources by maintaining its distinct identity in a spirit of camaraderie and healthy competition. During this Global pandemic scenario, AADC has demonstrated that sticking on to qualities like sound domain competence, agility in converting learning opportunities, flexibility of approach and an ever optimistic outlook on life is the key to survival, and proved to the world that ‘when the going gets tough, the tough get going!’
Courses Offered in Al Azhar Dental College
To get BDS from Al Azhar Dental College which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Al Azhar Dental College
Al Azhar Dental College offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Kottayam and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Al Azhar Dental College is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from Al Azhar Dental College
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
⦁ Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
⦁ Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
⦁ Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
⦁ Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
⦁ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
⦁ Oral Medicine & Radiology
⦁ Oral Pathology & Microbiology
⦁ Public Health Dentistry
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
BDS From Al Azhar Dental College, Thodupuzha – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission to BDS From Al Azhar Dental College Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Al Azhar Dental College Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS Al Azhar Dental College under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS from Al Azhar Dental College NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Al-Azhar Dental College Facilities
Al-Azhar Dental College provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, Bank & ATM facility, and many more.
The library has a spacious reading hall with separate reading areas for undergraduates and postgraduates. It has a seating capacity of about 200 people and is well illuminated with natural light. The library is under electronic surveillance to ensure that no reading material is taken outside of the building.
The institution has hostels for girls and boys within the campus, Food items are prepared and served hygienically. The hostel is facilitated with Wi-Fi facility, indoor games, gym etc. 24 x 7 ambulance service is available for the needy apart from a dispensary which functions during the evening. In addition, other facilities work mentioned includes treated hygienic water, stationeries, Power backup etc. Residential wardens are allotted with individual rooms in the respective hostels
State of the art lab facilities give students hands-on-experience, helping them understand and enjoy their programs better. Labs are well facilitated to allow independent research programs.
Gymnasium hall, Reading room, indoor games such as Shuttle, Carom, Chess, are available in the activity block. TV facility is available in the hostels.
- Transport & Security
Each college within the campus has their own set of transportation system allowing day scholars to comfortably reach their colleges from anywhere within Thodupuzha
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
An in-campus 24/7 ATM is provided within the campus.
Physical Education and Sports is one of the important yardsticks and also an integral part of education. Education acts as well as the provision of resources for the nation and in the construction of evaluation systems in education developments and it promotes the development of physical education in a country. Physical Education is the only profession where you talk as well as play / perform. Physical Education thus consists in promoting a systematic all-round development of the human body by scientific technique and thereby maintaining extraordinary Physical Fitness to achieve one’s cherished goals in life.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From Al Azhar Dental College
The yearly fee structure of BDS from Al Azhar Dental College Mangalore for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|