BDS from Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai .
BDS from Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai is one of the premier dental institutions in India, which offers a spectacular curriculum to its students and is committed towards providing a holistic learning environment for an all-round development of the budding dental professionals. The institution with its excellent and ever-enthusiastic team of faculty strives to provide superior dental education to the aspiring students and enable them with unparalleled clinical skills, ready to meet the needs of the patients and society at large. Located in the capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, this dental college spreads over a sprawling 5 acres, and is home to several brilliant and creative minds. The educators here provide individual care to the students to nurture them effectively in the clinical, academic and research aspects of dentistry.
Center of excellence in all dental specialties by imparting quality education to undergraduate and postgraduate students and to deliver a quality dental care to the public. To raise the standard of dental education on par with the global standards and to perform high quality dental research that will benefit the public. BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital
To get BDS from Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmers in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital,Chennai
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from Meenakshi Dental College And Hospital
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the DR MGR Medical University ,Tamilnadu. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Got admission to BDS Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital,Chennai Facilities
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, a constituent college of MAHER located at Alapakkam main road, Maduravoyal, Chennai is one of the very few dental colleges which is located within the city limits , have a sprawling campus of 5.12 acres that encompasses the college & hospital buildings, staff quarters, boys and girls hostel, auditorium, canteen, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, gymnasium, Lecture theatre Complex, Library, auditorium, General hospital and parking facility for patients, staff and students with a total built up area of 4,12,694 sq.feet
The College Library Situated in the first floor of Admin block has a built up ara of 8000 sq.ft. A total of 10814 text books are available. The college has subscription for 49 international Journals and 35 national Journals and back volumes of 77 journals are available. In addition to this, facilities such as Reading room for post graduates , Faculty room , E – Library arena, Scanning and Photcopying facility are also available in the library. The E library is equipped with 10 computers with high speed (1 GB) WiFi facility enabling the students to access online journals and various e- content materials.
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai offers a very comfortable living accommodation with separate hostels for boys and girls, with 268 rooms and 17 resident quarters with a built up area of around 1,00,050 sq.ft. All the Hostels in the campus are under the care of resident wardens. The Campus houses one hostel for boys, Four hostels for girls and one quarters for PG students. The Campus has an in house mess to cater the needs of the students and staff Members. The mess area is spacious, well ventilated and has an exclusive dining area for the students and faculty. The students are provided with breakfast, lunch, evening refreshment & dinner
It is a multi-specialty Dental Hospital consisting of qualified Professors, Readers and Lecturers in various branches of Dentistry. All forms of Dental ailments are efficiently handled by the concerned specialists using modern equipments. The registration and all basic treatments like extraction of teeth are done free of cost. The number of outpatients attending the Dental Hospital is more than sufficient for the Dental Students, to get clinical exposure & training during their course of study.
- Mobile Dental Van
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai has a fully equipped mobile dental clinic which is used to carry out dental treatment and screening at identified locations such as Schools, Local community areas etc. The dental Van has 2 fully equipped dental chairs which facilitate provision of comprehensive patient care in the outreach programmes of our department.
A multigym facility with all the modern equipments like electromagnetic Tread-mill etc.available for all the students in the campus.
- Transport & Security
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai have 03 omnibuses,01 Dental Mobile bus,01 Community Medicine van and 01 Car for the transport of faculty.
Qualified and experienced security personnels are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personnels are Ex-Servicemen.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
Central Research Lab (CRL)
The Central research lab which is one of the salient features of this institution is present in the third floor of OP block with a built up area of 2,500 sq.ft. CRL aims to contribute multidisciplinary Research and development activities and offer platform to the researchers to avail lab facility. The laboratory is equipped with high end equipments such as RTPCR and it is well equipped to assist research projects, dissertations, funded research, short studies of students and PhD scholars. It also exclusively assists Students and faculty in generating PRF which is used during Implant and Periodontal Surgeries.
Immuno Histochemistry Lab
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial pathology has a well equipped Immunohistochemistry lab which deals with diagnosis and R&D activities.
Central Sterilization Department
The College is very particular in providing quality care to the general public and it stresses on effective sterilization which is a prime requisite to provide quality care. The OP block houses a central sterilization area in the second floor equipped with quality sterilization equipments, where in all the clinical instruments from various departments will be sterilized.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai
The yearly fee structure of BDS From Meenakshi Ammal Dental College And Hospital, Chennai for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|