BDS from Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences, Kothamangalam: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Kothamangalam
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, established in the year 2007, affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur approved by Government of Kerala and recognized by Govt. of India / Dental Council of India vide order No. F No. V.12025/84/2019/DE dated 1st July 2019 with 100 seats. Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences (IGIDS) is one of the most reputed self-financing College providing excellent training in BDS Degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). The College managed by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust is affiliated to Kerala University of health Sciences, Thrissur, and Approved by Dental Council of India, New Delhi.
The educational institution tries to mould the students in to an efficient, socially committed and skilled dentist to achieve the vision of making Kerala an international destination for specialized oral and health care. As the institution is well known over Kerala and nearby states for its top notch infrastructure facilities and professionally qualified mentors, it is the dream of every aspirants to study at IGIDS. Palliative care training provided by the College is a great help for students and the society. BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences
Courses Offered in Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences
To get BDS from Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission Of BDS From Indira Gandhi Dental College Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences under NRI Quota:
10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences Facilities
Indira Gandhi Dental College provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities and many more.
The library has a spacious reading hall with separate reading areas for undergraduates and postgraduates. It has a seating capacity of about 200 people and is well illuminated with natural light. The library is under electronic surveillance to ensure that no reading material is taken outside of the building.
The institution provides well-ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of the hostel include a common room with a TV facility, indoor games, magazines, and newspapers. Laundry services are available. Air-conditioned rooms are availed on request. The food served to the students is assured to be of high quality and meets the nutritional quality standards. Particular focus is laid on providing a well-balanced, nutritious diet with varying food tastes to all the students.
A multigym facility with all the modern equipments like electromagnetic Tread-mill etc.available for all the students in the campus.
- Transport & Security
Qualified and experienced security personnels are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personnels are Ex-Servicemen.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure of BDS From Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences
The yearly fee structure of BDS from Indira Gandhi Institute Of Dental Sciences for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|