BDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute, Kanchipuram: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute, Kanchipuram.
BDS from Chettinad dental college and research institute (NAAC Accredited “A+” grade institution) being a global center of excellence in learning, teaching, research, health care and service to the community has been established in the year 2007 by the visionary organization, Raja Sir Muthaiah Chettiar Charitable trust. Our institute is a post graduate college with 23 MDS seats and 100 undergraduate seats, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR medical university, Chennai and recognized by the Dental council of India.
The Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute is located in the Chettinad Health City in Kelambakkam on the Old Mahabalipuram road, otherwise known as Rajiv Gandhi Salai or the IT Highway. This stretch of road from Madhya Kailash temple on Sardar Patel Road to Chettinad Health City is a 20km long toll road, with numerous hubs of the IT industry and several multinational companies located along it.
Courses Offered in Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute
To get BDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmers in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute
Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute offers four-year BDS course duly affiliated by Tamil Nadu University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute
The Institute offers MDS courses in nine specialties, MDS course is for a duration of 3 years.
- Oral And Maxillo Facial Surgery
- Oal Pathology
- Oral Medicine And Radiology
- Conservative And Endodontics
- Pediatic And Preventive Dentistry Health
BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute Kanchipuram – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get Admission Of BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute NRI Quota: Documents Required for MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute Facilities
Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, parking facilities and many more.
The Library of Dental College is located on the Second floor of the college building. It provides study and research facilities for the Faculty of Dentistry and the Basic Medical Subjects. The Dental Library maintains extensive collections of books and journals for all the related subjects.
The college has an excellent Health Sciences library with state-of-the-art facilities. The library has been carefully planned to have more space & natural lighting for the comfort of students. The library is well equipped with different resources. It has an undergraduate section which has a capacity to accommodate minimum of 150 students and a postgraduate section which can accommodate minimum of 60 students. The library has more than three thousand books in circulation section and library also has reference collections on Dental and Medical subjects.
There are separate Wi-Fi enabled boys’ and girls’ hostels with single, double and dormitory type rooms and they are provided with uninterrupted power supply supported by diesel generators and hot water facility is provided. The water provided in the taps of the hostel is treated water with the central water treatment plant facilities inside the campus. The Drinking water is provided by the central RO plant in the campus. The sanitation facilities are maintained by the central sewage treatment plant in the campus. The mess is run by reputed catering organizations with standardized menus to suit students of all regions in India. Other facilities of the campus like Central Laundry, Student Store – Sundry shop, gift shop, gym with instructor, indoor basketball and shuttle courts. outdoor sports facilities such as football ground, basketball and tennis courts, with coaching facility, unisex Parlor/Spa, Multi cuisine food court (ice cream parlor, fresh juice point, cafes health caters, bangs chicken)
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The Auditorium serves as a space for encouraging creativity and fostering communication. The daily assembly talks by guest speakers, inter-college competitions, and important functions including the annual College Day, Independence Day and Teachers Day are held here comfortable seating, carpeting, wall paneling for acoustic effects, washrooms. The sound system includes a 12-channel mixer and a studio master.
- Transport & Security
The Institutions have 03 omnibuses,01 Dental Mobile bus,01 Community Medicine van and 01 Car for the transport of faculty.
The Institution lays special emphasis on sports activities, several students of the Medical and Dental college have represented the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in various games and sports events.
The campus has facilities for all the outdoor games like cricket,football,volley ball, basketball, throw ball with 200 mt.track.
An Indoor sports complex with facilities for carom,chess,table tennis and gymnasium are available.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure for BDS from Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute
The yearly fee structure for BDS From Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute for various medical courses is listed below.
|Others (Q Quota)