MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore: An Overview
Steps to get MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore is one of the best colleges/ institutes, is most popularly generally known as PSG IMSR Coimbatore, situated at Coimbatore. It was based in the year 1985 run by P.S Govindasamy Naidu and Son’s Charities. PSG Medical College Coimbatore is one of the best medical colleges in Tamil Nadu. MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) formerly known as the Medical Council of India (MCI). PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research has a 1400-bedded affiliated Hospital with tertiary care and is full of all services and advanced technology. PSG Hospital was started in 1989 is established in 40.5 Acres of the area of completed construction.
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, has a 1400-bedded affiliated Hospital with tertiary care. Paramedical Sciences and Nursing are associated with this institute. PSG Hospitals is a HITECH multi-specialty hospital, resting on a very strong foundation of academics as well as charity. It offers comprehensive medical care from the primary level to the tertiary level. Moreover, it is a teaching hospital for both UG & PG students in Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, and pharmacy. 21-bedded Intensive Care Unit with a specialized section that provides comprehensive and continuous cares for persons round the clock. MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, is a multi-specialty hospital and has around 2000 Plus outpatients every day
Courses offered in PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore
To get MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore, provides undergraduate and postgraduate program in various streams with highly qualified faculties. MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore offers a MBBS program having a duration of 4.5 years along with 1 year internship. After passing the final MBBS examination students must have temporary registration from Tamil nadu Dr MGR Medical university and full registration after completing one year internship. MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, total intake for the program is 250 seats. The eligibility criteria To get MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore are:
Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a 50% aggregate in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with English as a compulsory language. The candidate is finally selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the in NEET UG.
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore departments
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore departments are categorized into three phases as per Medical Council of India (NMC) and Tamil nadu Dr MGR Medical university guidelines for MBBS course. They are referred as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical Departments.
- Academic research & centers
- Cardiology & preventing cardiology
- Centre for clinical simulation & Research
- Centre for Molecular Medicine & Therapeutic
- Centre for research & Bioethics
- Community Medicine
- Dental surgery
- Chest Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology & Diabetology
- Fertility Clinic & Centre for Reproductive medicine
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary surgery & Liver transplant surgery
- Institutional human ethics committee
- Medical education
- Medical oncology
- Nuclear medicine
- Pediatric Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research Syllabus
|1-2 Two Semesters
|Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology
|3-4-5 Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here
|6-7-8-9 Four Semesters
|Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Internship Structure of MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research, Coimbatore
Medicine including Psychiatry
Surgery including Anaesthesia
Obstetrics/Gynecology including Family Welfare Planning
Orthopaedics including PMR
Documents Required for Admission
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research Admission Under General Merit Category:
- All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
MBBS From MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
Fee Structure MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research
Total number of seats for MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research is categorically divided into government seats, private seats, NRI seats and other seats. The fee structure for the same is given as below; (Based on 2021 fee structure)
NRI Lapsed Quota
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research facilities Provided
MBBS From PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research provides hostel for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are Student Mentoring, Student Mentoring, library, cafeteria, facilities and many more.
The three storied new Central Library Block of PSG IMS & R is located in between Medical and Paramedical College. Total area of the Library is 57720 sq.ft. It has the capacity to accommodate 900 students at a time along with an exclusive faculty reading area. Besides the comfortable seating and reading environment, the library is well equipped with modern facilities such as access to internet and web resources including online journals and e-books. Library is providing a growing range of databases available in electronic form on the campus network. All the library services are automated. The library has fully computerized its collection, which could be accessible through OPAC. There is a separate Audio-Visual Cum Video Conferencing room, Digital Library, Group study area and Own Book study area in the library. The library has all the facilities for the students to learn. The PSG IMS &R Central Library is committed to provide a world-class information support to its users.
All our students are provided with individual accomodation in our hostels. The rooms are kept cozy coupled with scenic views in a secured enviroment . The rooms in our hostels are provided with all the necessary amenities round the clock. All our students are ensured with a home away from their home experience.
- 468 rooms Gents Hostel – Block 1.
- 468 rooms Womens Hostel – Block 1.
- 320 rooms for Resident Doctors.
- 188 rooms for working Men.
- 169 rooms for working Women.
- Single bath attached AC and Non AC rooms available for Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and all Residents doctors
- Scientifically designed, fully automated, hygienic kitchen and a buffet mess operating on a dividing system
- Fully mechanized laundry
- Continuous water supply with a reverse osmosis water treatment plant
- 24-hour electricity supply with generator back-up
- Separate television viewing hall
- Reading room with all leading newspapers and periodicals
- Telephone booth, indoor games hall, well-equipped gymnasium, sprawling play fields, and round-the-clock canteen facility
- Student Wellness Center
PSG IMS & R has started PSG Student Wellness Center for the wellbeing of the students. The main focus of the center is to address the personal and psychological needs of our students.PSG Student Wellness Center has experienced counsellors to assist and guide the students in their move towards success in academic, personal and social concerns. By providing confidential environment students can attain optimum achievement and adequate adjustment in the varied life situation. Students can discuss anything that may be bothering them and the counsellors help to get more insight about the problem and effective ways to cope and resolve the problem. All the counsellors will work on ethical standards of counselling and committed towards students wellbeing.
Canteen facility is available on campus for both staff and students. The canteen provides a multicuisine delicious healthy and nutritious food to students and staff.
- The canteen complex houses a milk kiosk, fruit station, bakery, grocery store, tea shop & hygienic restaurant.
- The facilities are extended for 24 hours during examinations
- The canteen is a welcome break for most of the students and is the daily hob-nob after class hours
- Student Mentoring
Mentoring is an essential activity in shaping up of a student. Handholding the student during his or her difficult times, both personal and academic, is such an important duty of a teacher because once encouraged and shown the way the student finds it possible to overcome obstacles on his own. PSG IMSR has a formal Mentoring System. Students are divided into many small groups of no more than five to ten, and are assigned a tutor, who meets with them fortnightly and understands their direction and guides them. Mentoring has saved so many students from the brink of disaster. Mentoring starts at first year and goes on until the student finishes his/her course. Mentors keep in touch with the parents as well depending on need and thus are a source of immense support to students.
Sport is an integral part of life at PSGIMSR. Participation in team sports, healthy competition and skills development are essential elements in the development of a medical graduate. A strong sense of sportsmanship and fair play is fostered among the whole student community. The institution boasts a ten acres of extensive sporting fields including football and cricket fields, an artificial surface for basketball, volleyball and tennis with permanent flood light facilities.
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank