DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences Meppadi, (DM WIMS) NRI MBBS Admission
Steps to get DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Science (DM WIMS) NRI MBBS Admission
Dr. Moopen’s Medical college formerly known as DM WIMS. Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences is a medical college situated in Wayanad, Kerala. The DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, Wayanad, founded in 2013, is a trust-run private medical college.
The medical college along with a hospital, a nursing college and a pharmacy college is the brainchild of DM Education and Research Foundation trust. The 50 acres of green campus is the first Medical College in Kerala established in a Backward, Hilly & Tribal District to change the scenario of healthcare in the area. The institute is affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and is well-recognized and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). With a student intake of 150, DM WIMS offers Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at undergraduate level. The admission to this institute is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
All over the DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences is a pretty awesome. Best faculty best infrastructure management, etc. everything is cool. There are several placement opportunities for student from specific streams. Overall, the college offers many courses in fulltime mode. The Institute offers UG and PG programs. DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences NRI MBBS Admission details; Apart from offering top-quality education, the college also focuses on the skill-building and personality development of the students. Along with the course curriculum, DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences encourages the students to take part in Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics, etc
DM WIMS with the following mission:-
- Quality Healthcare at affordable cost
- Providing high quality medical education and training
- Improving Healthcare infrastructure
- Overall development of the region
The Unique Features Of The Project Are:
- The First Medical College in Kerala established in a Backward, Hilly & Tribal District.
- 50 Acres of Green Campus.
- 12.5 lakh Square feet built-up-area.
- Academic Complex designed for an annual intake of 150 students.
- The First Medical College Hospital in North Kerala and one among the very few Medical College Hospitals in the country established in a rural area to receive NABH accreditation.
- Library facilities including e-learning.
- Green Building Design which emphasizes the natural ambience and energy efficiency.
- Implementation of innovative methods of teaching.
- Use of alternate forms of Energy like Solar Power and Hydroelectric Power.
- Self-sustained water supply through Rain Water Harvesting Reservoir.
- Development of Botanical garden in collaboration with Dr. M S Swaminathan Foundation.
- Serene Environment – Ideal for Education.
Procedure for DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, Meppadi (DM WIMS) NRI MBBS Admission
MBBS from DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET and according to the NEET counseling procedure as laid down by the government. The institution has an intake of 150 students for an academic year. The minimum marks prescribed are generally by the selection board for the admission of students and a merit list is prepared based on the same scores.
The candidates are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET to qualify for further admission process. DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences NRI MBBS Admission procedure follows below.
Documents to prove NRI status for DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences – Meppadi (DM WIMS) NRI MBBS Admission
- An embassy attested copy of the Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the employer of the sponsor.
- In Case the sponsor being self-employed, then a statement in this regard must be duly attested by the Embassy.
- An embassy attested copy of the relevant pages of the passport containing visa details.
- Relevant document to prove that such sponsor is an Indian citizen or overseas citizen of India.
- A self-affidavit/declaration by the NRI relative (Sponsorship Certificate).
- Relationship Certificate to be issued by the Revenue Authorities to prove the relationship between the candidate & the NRI relative.
DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences NRI MBBS Admission details.
As per the latest Government Order released from the office of the Commissioner of the Entrance Examinations, one of the foremost requirements to be met by the candidate’s seeking admission under the NRI quota seats in MBBS at DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, is the production of documents supporting the validity of the visa of the sponsor. It is to be noted that the validity of the visa of the sponsor should be up to the closing date of admission to the Medical courses.
It is advised by the Admission Supervisory Committee that in case the candidates seeking the admission have uploaded expired/expiring visa along with the required documents, then a provisional NRI status will be given to those candidates will be granted, if they have uploaded the ‘online acknowledgement copy’ received at the time of submitting the renewal application for visa.
Further, a provisional NRI status will be allotted to the candidates in the absence of ‘online acknowledgement copy’, if the candidate produces as sworn affidavit from the sponsor. Such affidavit should be the in the format available in the website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. This is subject to the condition that a valid visa shall be produced by the candidate on or before the last date fixed for option confirmation for the second phase allotment.
The sworn affidavit shall be uploaded through ‘KEAM 2022- Candidate Portal’ available in the website ‘www.cee.kerala.gov.in’ on or before the last date as confirmed by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations from time to time. The office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will not accept any affidavit or supporting documents sent by post.
If the candidate fails to produce the valid visa within the stipulated time, the admission on the basis of NRI quota at DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences will stand to be withdrawn and any allotment, if given, will be canceled. Contact us to get more info on DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences NRI MBBS Admission.
DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences – Meppadi (DM WIMS) NRI MBBS Fee
The Annual fee for MBBS From DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences is : ₹20,00,000 / Year.