BDS From Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences, Kanchipuram – Course Details And College Overview: 2023-24
The establishment of Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS) dates back to 2007. The institute takes pride in its ability to offer a great learning environment for students to excel in both academics and extracurricular activities. The institute boasts of a 250-chair dental hospital that provides modern facilities to cater to the needs of both students and patients.
The students at KIDS receive training in basic medical sciences at Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, a sister institute equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. Third-year students receive extra care and training in basic medical knowledge. House-surgeons of the institute regularly serve the public by attending rural postings, community treatment camps, and free treatment camps to gain valuable experience and knowledge.
To ensure that its faculty is up-to-date with recent advances in medical education, the institution conducts regular training programs such as faculty development programs, micro-teaching, and revised basic workshops. The institute also offers short courses for the academic, physical, mental, and spiritual development of students. The campus is 100% ragging-free, and the students enjoy comfortable hostel facilities with indoor and outdoor recreation facilities.
In addition to a comprehensive curriculum covering clinical and pre-clinical sciences, patient care, medical ethics, and research, the institute also focuses on the personality development and skill-building of students. The institution encourages students to participate in seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics, etc.
The Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences and its courses are approved by the Dental Council of India and affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. The institute aims to provide a conducive learning environment by offering high-end infrastructure and resources with a leading group of faculties. The College is attached to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Course Structure of BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental SciencesThe course shall have a duration of four and a half years with an additional one-year compulsory rotating internship. The students will be subjected to engage in full-time study of the curriculum recognized by the Dental Council of India during the BDS program. The subjects covered over the course of 4 years includes the following along with other subjects.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- General Medicine & General Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Orthodontics and Dento-facial Orthopedics
- Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Intake and Fees for BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
- The institution has an intake of 100 students for an academic year.
- The Indian candidates should have passed Higher secondary school or equivalent inICSE/CBSE/State Boards.
- Foreign candidates must also have a Higher secondary school equivalent with courses in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. They should also get an equivalence certificate from the AIU. The candidate must have cleared NEET (for all categories including NRI quota).
|NRI Lapsed Quota||Rs.21,50,000|
Placement Cell for BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
The institute offers a Placement Cell that effectively acts as an intermediary between Students, Alumni and Recruiters, which opens up a vast world of opportunities for graduates. The placement cell informs the students about job vacancies from time to time and also provides Informing the job vacancy providing guidance & training to the students in career growth. The institute provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly qualified faculty members.
Admission Procedure for BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
Admission is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET and according to the NEET counseling procedure as laid down by the government. The minimum marks prescribed are generally by the selection board for the admission of students and a merit list is prepared based on the same scores. The candidates are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET to qualify for further admission process.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling for admission to BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
An aspiring candidate must register themselves for NEET Tamil Nadu state counselling by visiting the official portal of the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, to get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling.
The initial phase of the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS requires candidates to pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 500 via a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10”. Once the fee is paid, candidates can download their call letter and attend the counselling in person with all original certificates. After verification, successful candidates will receive a provisional allotment order and must join their course before the date specified in the order. If a candidate fails to join within the stipulated time, they will be ineligible for subsequent phases of counselling for the 2022-2023 academic year.
During the second phase of counselling, candidates must pay a processing fee of Rs. 500 unless they have already been allotted a seat or waitlisted. Candidates who wish to retain their college from the first phase do not need to participate in the second or mop-up round of counselling. The second phase will follow the rule of reservation and candidates will be able to choose their course and college based on their rank. Similar to the first phase, candidates who receive provisional allotment orders must join their course before the specified date, and failure to do so will make them ineligible for subsequent phases of counselling.
Hostel Facilities for students pursuing BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
The institute offers separate hostels for men and women. The management of Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences emphasizes a strict no-ragging policy and ensures that any form of ragging does not occur inside or outside of the campus.
Facilities for Students: BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
The institution offers top-class facilities to the students including:
- State of the art library, laboratory and computer labs
- Indoor Sports Centre
- NEET PG Counselling
- Career Counselling
- General department stores
- Post office
Documents Required for admission to BDS from Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences
The eligible candidates based on the NEET counseling will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the documents. The documents include:
- NEET Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Admission Allotment Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Course & Conduct certificate from the institution last studied.
- Proof of NRI status.
- Transfer Certificate (T.C)
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Five passport-size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
For obtaining NRI seats at the institution the following documents have to be attached to the above list.
- Proof of NRI status
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Foreign University students – equivalence certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities, Delhi
- Candidate’s parents resident certificate issued by the Embassy/ affidavit on Rs.100/‐ e‐stamp paper to that effect.
- Candidate’s passport / VISA / Resident VISA
- Citizenship of the candidate.
- Income Tax Documents required as per the Income Tax Act 1961.
- Candidate’s study certificate for having studied outside India where applicable for the qualifying examination.
The required documents must be self-attested while submitted along the with the hard copy of the application.