BDS from Kannur Dental College, Kannur: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Kannur Dental College, Kannur
Kannur Dental College is a part of “Knowledge Village” located in the sprawling 220 acres campus at Cinnamon Estate, Anjarakandy, Kannur district Kerala. A 600 bedded medical college, College of nursing and Pharmacy college are associated with the Knowledge
which is run by Prestige educational group. Kannur dental college was started in 2005-2006 by admitting 50 students to the B.D.S. Programmer. It is recognized by the Dental Council of India and has been permitted for 100 students’ intake since 2012. The Dental Council of India has also permitted to start Post Graduation (Master of Dental Surgery course) in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Pedodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics and Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology from 2013.
Kannur Dental College is affiliated with the Kannur University and also with Kerala University of Health Sciences. Kannur Dental college is associated with university
Courses Offered in Kannur Dental College, Kannur
To get BDS from Kannur Dental College which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmers in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Kannur Dental College
Kannur Dental College offers four-year BDS course duly affiliated by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS From Kannur Dental College is a good college choice for BDS aspirants.
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS from Kannur Dental College
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties.
⦁ Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
⦁ Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
⦁ Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
⦁ Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
⦁ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
⦁ Oral Medicine & Radiology
⦁ Oral Pathology & Microbiology
⦁ Public Health Dentistry
BDS From Kannur Dental College, Kannur – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get admission to Kannur Dental College Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A. N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Kannur Dental College Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Kannur Dental College NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Kannur Dental College NRI Quota: Documents Required for MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Kannur Dental College Facilities
Kannur Dental College provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, and many more.
The library has a spacious reading hall with separate reading areas for undergraduates and postgraduates. It has a seating capacity of about 200 people and is well illuminated with natural light. The library is under electronic surveillance to ensure that no reading material is taken outside of the building.
The institution provides well-ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of the hostel include a common room with a TV facility, indoor games, magazines, and newspapers. Laundry services are available. Air-conditioned rooms are availed on request. The food served to the students is assured to be of high quality and meets the nutritional quality standards. Particular focus is laid on providing a well-balanced, nutritious diet with varying food tastes to all the students.
A multigym facility with all the modern equipment’s like electromagnetic Treadmill etc. Available for all the students in the campus.
- Transport & Security
Qualified and experienced security personnel are employed by the Management for the safety and security of all the institutions, Hospitals and Hostels. The most of these personnel are Ex-Servicemen.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Maintenance Engineering Department
Fee Structure for BDS from at Kannur Dental College
The yearly fee structure of Kannur Dental College Mangalore for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|