BDS from Coorg Institute Of Dental Science, Virajpat : An Overview
Steps to get BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science, Virajpat
Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, established under the aegis of the Coorg Dental and Medical Sciences Trust (R), is an aspiration borne out of deep societal commitment and responsibility. The primary objective of the institution is service of the nation through the medium of science and education. Since its inception in 1999, the institution has strived to provide comprehensive and interactive education, ethical and compassionate healthcare and a platform for research and innovation.
BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science has the approval of the Ministry of Health, GOI and the Dental Council of India and is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Pre-eminence in dental education and research has always been our prime focus. Towards achieving this goal, we have formulated innovative teaching methodologies; skill enhancement and academic appraisal programs; and Research and Innovation Centre. BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science have collaborations with international universities which is not only a reflection of the deep bond of friendship and understanding but also a reflection of our commitment to excellence.
Courses Offered in Coorg Institute Of Dental Science, Virajpat
To get BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences
BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science offers four-year BDS course duly affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI). BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science the total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science is a good college choice for BDS aspirants
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The Dental Council of India, BDS from Coorg Institute of Dental Science New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties
⦁ Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
⦁ Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
⦁ Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
⦁ Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
⦁ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
⦁ Oral Medicine & Radiology
⦁ Oral Pathology & Microbiology
⦁ Public Health Dentistry
⦁ Fellowship Programs and Certificate courses
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
BDS From Coorg Institute Of Dental Science, Virajpat – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get admission to Coorg Institute Of Dental Science Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From Coorg Institute Of Dental Science Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From Coorg Institute Of Dental Science under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From Coorg Institue Of Dental Science NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Coorg Institute Of Dental Science Facilities
Coorg Institute Of Dental Science provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities and many more.
The library at CIDS is situated at the top echelons of the hill overlooking the entire campus. Surrounded by tall trees and chirping birds, the library is well ventilated with an indoor garden provides a perfect backdrop for a great study time. Scientifically chosen wall colors also enhance the scholastic ambience. The 9010 sq. feet library houses all major books and journals pertaining to Dentistry and Medicine. It has over 1500 titles and 4000 books with international and national journals. It also has a repository of dissertations submitted to various universities of the country.
The library has an AV center in its postgraduate wing. Internet access is available throughout the working hours along with online access to a various journals through J-Gate (Helinet consortium). The Library Committee is entrusted with the onerous task of budgeting and acquisition of newer and relevant titles on an annual basis.
Comfortable, clean and safe hostels are provided for ladies and men on campus. Hostel facilities are available for graduate and post graduate students. The hostels allows students to live together in a multi-cultural environment that fosters academic growth and personal and social development as well.
The rooms available to students as single room or double rooms with attached bathrooms. Smoking, drinking, ragging, drug abuse are strictly prohibited on the campus. Staff are deputed to monitor the situation within the campus to ensure such events do not occur. The hostels are equipped with colour television and cable networks.
Physical activity has a huge potential to enhance our well-being. Giving importance to both physical and mental fitness, the college has an in-house Gymnasium with the latest machines and training equipment.
CIDS offers members of the faculty, students and patients, complimentary shuttle services between the campus and the town, at half-hourly intervals. Transport services are provided to students for outings as well in the evenings and on holidays.
The Caféteria and kitchens are well staffed with ten cooks who provide delicious western and eastern cuisine. The kitchen maintains strict hygiene conditions and follows best catering practices. Fresh farm produce from Hunsur and Mysore and fresh cow milk from Springdale estate are procured on a daily basis to foster better taste and good health.
The college auditorium provides a suitable platform for academic and extracurricular activities. It is two-tiered and seats around 350 guests. It has state of the art audiovisual equipment with provision for three screens. Two green rooms and a wide stage ensures seamless progression of stage events.
Coorg is the proud home of several national and international athletes. Sports is ‘a way of life’ for the Kodavas. We in CIDS continue the sporting tradition of Coorg. Several avenues are made available for the students and staff to be fit and healthy. Indoor and outdoor sports arena in the institute are well equipped and encourage sports enthusiasts to pursue their sporting interest. The institute also has strategic tie-ups with external sporting associations with coaching facility.
A well-established team of counsellors and an efficient system of counseling is available round the clock to keep the Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences family happy.
- Dental Clinics
The dental clinics have been modelled to facilitate individual attention to both the student and the patient. The institute has 280 chairs which is well over the mandatory requirement. Each department has been adequately equipped with all the mandatory and the latest equipment for patient care. The layout of the clinics though situated at multiple levels on the hilly terrain is disabled friendly and easily accessible. A comprehensive dental clinic operates at the ground level in order to attend dental emergencies.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
Fee Structure for BDS from Coorg Institute Of Dental Science
The yearly fee structure of Coorg Institue Of Dental Science,Virajpat for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|