BDS from Academy Of Medical Education Raichur : An Overview
AME’S Dental College and Hospital has very progressive and pragmatic environment developed by highly qualified and experienced teaching staff using most modern and innovative teaching aids and methodology.The college is popularly known as AMES Dental College Raichur and was founded in 1991-92. It emphasises real – life experience – based teaching. Its rich library is equipped with internet facilities for the use of its students and faculty. It also subscribes to several national and international journals.
In response to the growing demand for education in Dentistry in this region AME’S Dental College and Hospital with a clear vision of the future. It is a pioneering institute in this part of the country in the field of Dentistry education. The building is not only the architectural beauty but it is functionally well planned.
This College and Hospital is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences recognized by the Dental Council of India. It acts as a referral centre in the state for dental services and has been rendering specialized services through nine departments in various specialities which provide the students clinical exposure and experience in imparting dental care to the patients.
The AME’S Dental College aims to generate technical and professional manpower in dentistry in the state of Karnataka. Mission encompasses cognitive, emotional and physical development of the student with emphasis on social and civic responsibility, offer quality health services to all strata of society with a passion to care for the underprivileged, and to be recognised as a centre of excellence in dental education, research and health care, training our students to be professionally competent and innovative decision makers and compassionate global citizens.
In pursuance of our vision, our mission encompasses a road map of development of our institution, which will ensure to build resources and sustain a high quality teaching, learning and research environment by providing state of the art facility to our students and staff, so as to realize the grand ideal of integrating social, cultural, intellectual and ethical values into the human character. We seek to develop in every Tagorian, the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively and effectively for the betterment of mankind.
AMES Dental College Raichur. Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the duration and intake capacity.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from AMES Dental College
The BDS program comprises 4 academic years and 1 year of internship, leading to the award of a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree. A BDS degree is the basic qualification required to be registered as a dental practitioner, but students can also pursue post-graduate studies in a particular dental specialization.
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from AMES Dental College
The Institute offers MDS courses in all nine specialties MDS course is for a duration of 3 years.
⦁ Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
⦁ Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
⦁ Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
⦁ Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
⦁ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
⦁ Oral Medicine & Radiology
⦁ Oral Pathology & Microbiology
⦁ Public Health Dentistry
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
AMES Dental College, Raichur – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
AME’S Dental College Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
AME’S Dental College Admission Under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
AME’S Dental College NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
AMES Dental College Facilities
AMES provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities, Bank & ATM facility, and many more.
The library has a spacious reading hall with separate reading areas for undergraduates and postgraduates. It has a seating capacity of about 200 people and is well illuminated with natural light. The library is under electronic surveillance to ensure that no reading material is taken outside of the building.
The institution provides well-ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of the hostel include a common room with a TV facility, indoor games, magazines, and newspapers. Laundry services are available. Air-conditioned rooms are availed on request. The food served to the students is assured to be of high quality and meets the nutritional quality standards. Particular focus is laid on providing a well-balanced, nutritious diet with varying food tastes to all the students.
AJIDS’s campus has a seamless Wi-Fi network that allows the students to connect to the internet anytime, anywhere.
Physical activity has a huge potential to enhance our well-being. Giving importance to both physical and mental fitness, the college has an in-house Gymnasium with the latest machines and training equipment.
AJIDS’s transport department runs a fleet of buses to facilitate its students and staff to commute to and from various routes through the city. These buses run on all working days, efficiently and punctually by specified time schedules.
- Bank & ATM
AJIDS has a branch of the Canara Bank with ATM services on the campus and offers all types of banking services to students and the staff as per their requirements. This endeavour will not only ease the students but also help them in dealing with money in a much easier way. Student fees and other payments are remitted through this campus bank branch. It functions 6 days a week Monday to Saturday.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
Sports play a pivotal role in shaping one’s personality and maintaining good health. AJIDS provides various games & sports facilities within the college campus. Students are encouraged maximum in the field of sports and facilitated with all required equipment to play the games of Football, Cricket, Throw Ball, Basketball, Indoor Stadium (Shuttle, Table Tennis), and Athletics.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
Fee Structure at AME’S Dental College Raichur
The yearly fee structure of AME’S Dental College for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|