BDS From AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science, Mangalore: An Overview
Steps to get BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science, Mangalore
AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka, their vision is to recognise and to bring forth the hidden potentialities of students for an all round development of their personality.
Established in 1985, college is affiliated with the NITTE Deemed University, the ABSMIDS is recognized by the Dental Council of India for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It has been recognized by the Malaysian Dental Council and is an affiliate of Okayama University Dental School, Japan and academic mentor to Oman Dental College, Sultanate of Oman. In association with the Smile Train Organization, USA and Cleft Children International, Switzerland, the college has the unique distinction of being at the forefront of treatment and research in cleft and craniofacial anomalies, in the country.
Courses Offered in AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science, Mangalore
To get BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science which provides undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various streams with highly qualified faculties.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science
AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science offers four year BDS course duly affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI).The total duration of BDS course is for 4 years and one year of internship. BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science is a good college choice for BDS aspirants
Masters of Dental Surgery or MDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences
The programs are duly permitted by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi has permitted to offer Post Graduate MDS courses in the following specialties
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology And Oral Microbiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
Get in touch with our Experts
To know more about Admission Process and to get Free Admission Guidance!
+91 7034 666 777
BDS From AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science, Mangalore – Admission Procedure
- The candidate must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam with the required percentile score to seek admission to the course.
- Aspirants must complete the NEET BDS application form and pay the required fee by the deadlines. It is important that applicants carefully read the prospectus before filling out the application.
- Following the announcement of the results, only qualified and suitable candidates will be granted access to the counseling process.
- Following participation in the authorized counselling procedure, seats will be assigned to applicants based on rank and availability of seats
- Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
Get admission to AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science Admission Under General Merit Category:
All Original Documents along with 3 sets of attested copies.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the institution last studied.
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
BDS From AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science Admission Under NRI Quota:
Documents required for getting admission to BDS From AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science under NRI Quota:
- 10th Standard marks list or pass certificate for proof of date of birth. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- 12th Standard or equivalent marks card and pass certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Transfer Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Conduct Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Eligibility Certificate approved by RGUHS.
- Migration Certificate. (Original copy and 3 attested copies should be provided)
- Physical Fitness. Blood Group Certificate.
- Photographs – 5 Passport Size and 5 Stamp Size.
- Proof of Employment of Parent.
- Original Passport and ID Proof.
- Letter of sponsorship. (Original copy and 5 copies should be provided)
- A residential permit from local SP and FRO.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Health if applicable.
BDS From AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science NRI Quota : Documents Required For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not mentioned in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Karnataka Medical Counselling Committee (KMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science Facilities
AB Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Science provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, sports facilities, etc. Some other facilities are a gymnasium, auditorium, library, cafeteria, transport facilities, parking facilities and many more.
The Central Library and Information Centre of the institution has been functioning since the inception of the college in the year 1985. At present it is housed in the 7th floor of the college building. Being in the top floor of the building, it has highly ventilated with natural breeze and sunlight. Library has all the basic amenities like drinking water, coffee wending machine, scanning & printing, photocopying facility, display boards, uninterrupted power supply, Internet and A/C for P.G. Section As a hub of the institution Library and Information Centre play a pivotal role to meet and fulfill the ever changing needs of the patrons by providing access to the Information needs related to Dentistry & Oral Sciences. Main objective of the library is to improve the quality of resources and services so as to enhance and uphold the academic development of the institution globally
The hostels are on campus and in close proximity to the college and hospital. The hostel fee for the first year which includes the caution deposit, mess advance and the room rent will be collected at the time of admission. The room rent for the subsequent academic years will be collected at the beginning of each year along with college fee. Caution deposit will be refunded only at the end of the course. Establishment charges and other utilities like electricity and water will be collected.The hostellers are provided with a cot, cupboard, study table and chair. Every hostel has solar water heaters, WiFi facility, common telephone, TV room, reading room, visitors lounge, water coolers, generators, 24×7 security and surveillance cameras. AC rooms are available in some of the hostels. The hostels also have facilities for indoor and outdoor games
AJIDS’s campus has a seamless Wi-Fi network that allows the students to connect to the internet anytime, anywhere.
The air conditioned multi Gymnasium housed in a 5500 sq. ft building is kept open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the benefit of students and hostellers. The services of 3 professionally trained instructors are available. Equipments consist of Treadmills, elliptical trainers, exercise bikes, rowing machines and full-fledged multi-gym.
A fleet of buses and vans are maintained in the campus to provide transport facilities to the students and staff, free of cost.
A cafeteria with modern facilities is available within the campus and is open for staff and students. it is open till late hours and serves healthy and hygienic food at affordable prices. The whole ambiance of the cafeterias is so soothing and delightful and has become a place for relaxation and discussion for the students.
The institution has an Auditorium to accommodate 950 Seating Capacity for Cultural and various other activities like Convocation, Stage Shows etc. The auditorium is spacious and well-ventilated. This auditorium, which is a regular venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars, has all the facilities to enhance the learning process and is a vast space that serves the diverse needs of quality education.
The sports facilities in the campus consist of an athletic turf track of 400 mtrs, Football ground, Cricket pitch, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball and Badminton courts. The campus has facilities for indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess and Carrom.
- Other Facilities
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
Fee Structure for BDS from AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science
The yearly fee structure of AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Science for various medical courses is listed below.
|Courses||Govt Fees||Private||NRI Quota||Others (Q Quota)|